
Hello! Allow me to introduce myself . . . my name is Maya Elizabeth Kahn.
Isn't this just wonderful? It's my new blog!! In fact, IT'S MY NEW LIFE!!!
I'd like to start out by telling you the story of how I was born. So here goes . . .
This is the place where I was born! It's called "Higashi-gawa Josan-in," which means "East-river Midwife House," run by Mrs. Eastriver, who is 95 YEARS OLD and has delived over 4000 babies in her lifetime! The midwife house is in Kochi city about a thirty minute drive from my parents house in Mirror Village.
My mom checked in to the midwife house about 9pm, after almost a day of little contractions that ranged from 3 to five minutes apart (not how its supposed to go in the textbook, where contractions are supposed to come once an hour and slowly go down to under ten minutes) of about 40 seconds long. Let me tell ya, mom was ready to get me out! Here is a picture taken before midnight, with the midwife's young assistants sitting around mom. They did a really good job of massaging her legs and backs when the contractions came. The contractions just kept coming and coming . . .

Here is Mrs. Eastriver in the position she spent over the next couple hours, between mommy's legs waiting for my head to pop out. All the assistants were very helpful encouraging mom when she was trying to push me out.
(Alicja between contractions, resting)
You know, one thing everybody found out today was that I have a big head (measured 36 centimeters round when I came out later). This made pushing my head out of mom's body a bit difficult for her. Sorry for the big head mommy! (staff encouraging mommy with a mirror to show my head)And here we have . . .

The very first photo of me, taken ever.
You know, it was all so exciting, that everyone forgot to check the exact time . . . but our best guess is 3:42 am, August 22nd.
Yup, I'm a girl! And have yet to wear a stitch of clothing . . .(umbillical cord still attached . . .)
Don't know if you guys wanted to get this personal with me, but this is the sac I lived in inside of mommy for nine months. This was my home! Goodbye nice home inside of mommy!

And here is the staff that produced me (daddy wasn't good for much but a little inspiration at the very very beginning and then taking some silly pictures when I decided to come out)

But I guess daddies get tired too after ordeals like this. Mommy took this photo early this morning when daddy and me were fast asleep. (we all had our own room here in the midwife's house)

And then daddy got up, but not me! I'm sleepin in, man!I had a rough day coming out into this crazy world . . .
And here's one more great shot of me. So, I think I'm gonna sleep some more now, but I hope you guys all continue to check out this blog! Luv ya all, and don't forget to post some comments and give me some advice about how to live in this world!Peace,
MAYA ELIZABETH KAHN
7 comments:
Maya, you're adorable! And that hair... already parted and everything. I can't wait to meet you in person.
Congratulations Mike and Alicja!! Maya is beautiful! Glad to hear everything went well and the family is recovering nicely. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of Maya!
Prześliczna dziewczynka, gratuluję !!!
Wygląda jakby już miała przynajmniej miesiąc, bardzo mądre spojrzenie :-)
Witaj na świecie Maju !
Ciocia ewa
Omedetou gozaimasu!!!!
Alicija, you're the bravest ever!
Michael, let's go to Gin An in Obiyamachi near BB Cafe instead of Orient Hotel on Friday, neeeeee?
To Michael...
Some entries are in Polish, Alicja will translate it to you.
And from me:
hmmm...
I didn't finished, but my writing already has been posted...
Alright, let's say it: Maya is BEAUTIFUL. And many good wishes to Alicja, Maya and Michael... I love you so much...
アリーシア マイケル おめでとう。
めちゃ かわいい あかちゃんやね。
早く 会いに行きたいよ。
Post a Comment